Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

New Crafty Ventures

Hello peeps I know its been a while I hope this post finds you well & busy crafting :D I'd like to say I got plenty crafting on oner the summer but it was mostly working which is why the blog has been neglected :( never mind I'll be back at least once a week again x

I decided to take an online course by the wonderful Christy Tomlinson, She Art. I've always wanted to be a bit more creative but just never found something I love until now :D I have even found a love for rub-ons again after years of hating the little beggars!!!
Above is my 1st completed 4x4 canvas as you can see i was a bit tame with the background but I really love it, I was real scared to start my 1st canvas but it was my wonderful Mum's birthday so it gave me the intensive I needed to start :D

Not sure what happened here as the pic was the right way up never mind lol You start with a blank canvas which I gesso'd and then I play, you really need to take the She Art Class it is the best!



I decided my girl size, shape & position on canvas
I love the fact I can get inky messy with my rubber and sprays, getting messy is actually a big thing for me cause i don't do inky fingers but I am beginning to get it :D

Next I've added the dreaded rub-ons :D I am hunting them down all the time now, I am using some great ones from Fancy Pants but got my eye on lush ones from Kaisercrafter after seeing them at the trade show last weekend YUMMY!!


Finally I've gone in with the pen to add details and freehand, still think it needs a wee bit more but I want to refer back to Christy's class for more inspiration, one of the other great things about her classes are you have 3 months access to the class materials and videos :D

3 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

Beautiful SHE Canvas Geraldine. Looks like alot of fun

Sewmancer said...

These are great - I loved the development! Thanks so much for sharing that - it was great to see there evolution

ger76 said...

Thanx ladies :D I am so enjoying playing lol