Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

My Pottery

Now don't laugh but these are my first creations from my pottery course, lined up in order of their creation, as you can see I did make some progress LOL I'm having great fun my tutors Brain & Fiona are fab and always willing to pass on their knowledge and help when it's needed- and that's a lot!!
Last week I progressed onto bowls which I loved, I was really desperate to get throwing again and was really nervous about throwing a bowl but once Fiona showed a tip for pulling up away I went, I think I threw about 10 all in lovey different size's. I'm getting that bad that I'm wishing my week away so I get to Tuesday and the next stage, this will be the leather work where you get to trim your work and add and decoration to it before letting it dry out, it's fab fun too so roll on Tuesday :)
I am very lucky as I'm inheriting a potters wheel from my hubby's Mum who unfortunately died a while ago hence taking the course, she done amazing work with porcelain & was a great artist. I am giving a new home to a wheel, two kiln's, books & all the tools I need I just hope I can do it all justice :)

2 comments:

Twiggy said...

I think they are great, well done you, the one on the right is my fave, I've always fancied having a go at pottery.
Twiggy

ThriftyMum said...

They're great - i especially love the one on the right! I just found your blog for the first time, and strongly suspect that you are in (or very near) my home town... so will keep reading, to help keep homesickness at bay! Good luck with the shop; it'd be good to have somewhere to go craft shopping with my mum when I'm home!

Caroline